Thursday, April 20, 2017

I've got sunshine in my hood

I won't lie - I did a little happy dance when my fabrics from Nosh arrived in the post. There are so many goodies in their latest collection!



Embarrassingly, my daughters have become pretty good at guessing which packages delivered to our house might contain fabric, so when this one from Nosh arrived, they jumped on it to claim which ones would be "theirs." The first to be chosen was this pretty FlamΓ© butterfly fabric. I love the texture of it: slightly wavy and so easy to sew with, particularly for those who are new to sewing with knits. And p.s. did you know they have organic fabric?! Yay!


The color is so pretty as well, sort of a purplish-blue. I had a hard time figuring out which one it was, but my daughter (and the website description) tells me it is definitely blue. Whatever it is, I love it.




So you might be wondering about the dress. It's the Groove Dress from Madeit Patterns. The Groove and Spin Dresses are the current favorites in our household, beloved by both daughters. I made this one in a size 6, and I made the hooded version by request -- that is, once I checked there were no regulations against wearing hooded cardigans/dresses to school.

And naturally, there is no way you can wear your Groove Dress without dancing, right? So when choosing the coordinating the fabric for the inside of the hood, my daughter said she wanted "sunshine" (since I was "mean" and didn't make her any pockets). What's the connection with the title of this post? Well, if you have been listening to the "Trolls" soundtrack on repeat as we have been doing, you will know this is a reference to "Can't Stop the Feeling." Thank you, Emily for the recommendation! Adds some variety, as previously it was the "Moana" soundtrack on repeat, ha!


And there you have it. She's got butterflies on her groovy dress and sunshine in her hood ;) Can you tell she loves it? She gave me bonus points because the fabric is "soft and comfy." 



In case you were wondering, yes, she has commented that she wished she had pink hair like Poppy's. 



Sorry, that wasn't going to happen. Not while she's living under my roof (famous last words, right?). 



Needless to say, she loves her new dress. It's comfortable, swingy, easy for her to dress herself, and perfect for school. If you want to get some of this fabulous fabric, you can visit the Nosh website HERE

Happy sewing!!


*This post includes fabric that was received in cooperation with Nosh, but all opinions are my own (and my daughter's!).

6 comments:

  1. Poppy's hair... What little girl does not want Poppy's hair! And yes, I had to request to add some other songs to the repertoire after the first few weeks hahaha The dress looks gorgeous. Keep dancing, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenya! And hahaha - now that we have "Moana" and "Trolls" on repeat, I am looking for more suggestions...maybe I should try "Sing." ;)

      Delete
  2. Yesss!!! I like the way you rock it, don't stop.

    So good Emi. Such beautiful fabric. I love it and I can't stop the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you, Olu! This is such an awesome pattern. I can't stop making them - and my daughters won't stop requesting them :)

      Delete
  3. 😁😍😁😍😁😍😁😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awesome, Bettina. That is all <3

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik